This is a delicious burger dish you can make for those vegetarian and vegan family members in your household.
Makes: 6 servings
Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for the burgers:
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 2 cups of baby arugula, chopped
- 2 cups of quinoa, fully cooked
- 2 Tbsp. of oregano leaves, chopped
- 1, 15 ounce can of Great northern beans, drained and mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Dash of salt and black pepper
Ingredients for the relish:
- ¼ cup of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and chopped
- ½ of an onion, minced
- 6 burger buns, split open and lightly toasted
- Prepare the burgers. In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in two table
- spoons of the olive oil. Add in the chopped garlic, chopped carrot, chopped onion and chopped celery. Stir well to mix. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Transfer this mixture into a bowl.
- In the bowl, add in the chopped arugula, cooked quinoa, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, chopped oregano and mashed Great northern beans. Stir well to mix. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Form the mixture into 5 patties. Place into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the relish. In a bowl, add in the chopped parsley, fresh lemon juice, cumin, chopped red bell peppers and chopped yellow onion. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Stir well to mix. Cover and set into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add in the burger patties and cook for 6 minutes on both sides. Transfer onto a plate and repeat with the remaining burgers.
- Place the patties onto the burger buns. Top off with the relish and serve immediately.