This is a delicious sandwich dish you can make whenever you are in a rush to get lunch or dinner
on the table. Top this sandwich off with your favorite ingredients for the tastiest results.
Makes: 2 servings
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- ½ cup of roasted red pepper hummus
- 2 avocados, pit removed
- ¼ cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. of basil, chopped
- Black pepper and dash of salt
- ½ cup of roasted red peppers, drained
- Spread the hummus over the bread slices. Set the bread slices aside.
- In a bowl, add in the avocado and crumbled feta cheese. Mash with a fork until smooth in consistency. Add in the fresh lemon juice, chopped basil, black pepper and dash of salt. Stir well until evenly mixed.
- Spread the avocado mixture over the bread slices.
- Top off with the red peppers and cover with another slice of bread to form a sandwich.
- Brush the outside of the sandwiches with olive oil.
- Place the sandwiches into a skillet set over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Remove and serve immediately.