Just because you are trying to get fit, it does not mean that you need to sacrifice all of your favorite foods. With the help of this delicious dish, you can enjoy an authentic Asian meal with a healthy twist to it.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 ½ cups of low sodium chicken stock
- ¼ of an onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped and evenly divided
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. of ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup of peas, thawed
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 ½ Tbsp. of teriyaki sauce
- 2 ½ Tbsp. of soy sauce
- ¾ tsp. of sesame oil
- Rinse the quinoa under the running water and place into a saucepan. Add in the low sodium chicken stock and place over medium heat. Allow to come to a boil. Lower the heat to low. Season with a dash of salt. Cook for 20 minutes or until fluffy in consistency. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, add in the ingredients for the sauce. Whisk until mixed and set aside.
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in ½ a tablespoon of the oil. Add in the chopped onion and chopped carrots. Stir well to mix. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped scallions, minced garlic and minced ginger. Stir well to mix and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the remaining oil and the cooked quinoa. Stir well to mix. Add in the sauce and toss to coat. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly scrambled.
- Add in the peas and remaining scallions. Toss well.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.