This is the perfect dish for you to make whenever you are craving something on the lighter side. It is perfect to make early in the morning when you head out to work in the morning.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup of dried quinoa
- 1 cup of nonfat milk
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 tsp. of powdered cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla
- ¼ cup of almonds, chopped
- Honey, as needed and for taste
- In a Dutch oven, add in the banana. Mash until smooth in consistency.
- Add in the nonfat milk and distilled water. Add in the pure vanilla and powdered cinnamon. Stir well until evenly mixed.
- Heat over medium heat and allow to come to a boil. Add in the quinoa and stir well to incorporate.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with a drizzling of honey over the top and a garnish of the chopped almonds.