easy vegan burrito bowls
- prep time: 15 minutes
- cook time: 45 minutes
- total time: 1 hour
- yield: 6 1x
Vegan Burrito Bowls are WHERE IT’S AT. Spicy cauliflower walnut meat, blistered pepper strips, hot fluffy rice, and a heap of black beans. YUM.
SCALE 1x 2x 3x
Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat:
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups whole walnuts
- 2 individual chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- lime juice, garlic / onion powder, and cayenne to taste
- 4–5 bell peppers, sliced
- olive oil and salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- lime wedges and cilantro for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pulse all ingredients for the taco meat in a food processor until a thick and crumbly mixture forms. Spread onto a nonstick sheet pan.
- Arrange the peppers on a separate sheet pan. Toss with olive oil and salt.
- Bake both pans for 40-45 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Divide everything up into 6 containers, with lime wedges, cilantro, salsa, avocado, that kind of thing. Delish!
Rice: I cook mine in the Instant Pot! 1 1/2 cups rice with 1 3/4 cup water, for 3 minutes, and natural pressure release.
To keep reading ,please head on over to next