This is another delicious salad dish that is packed full of an authentic Mexican flavor that you will find hard to resist.
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1 tsp. of powdered garlic
- ½ tsp. of powdered chili
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 5 ounces of baby romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1, 15 ounce can of black beans, drained
- 1 cup of tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of white onion, chopped
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, add in the turkey. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add in the cumin, powdered garlic, powdered chili and dash of sea salt. Stir gently to mix. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, add in the romaine lettuce, chopped cilantro, drained black beans, chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado and chopped white onion. Stir well to evenly mix. Add in the cooked turkey and toss well to mix.
- Serve the salad immediately.