If you need a sugar free dessert dish to serve up this Thanksgiving season, then this is the perfect dish for you to make. It doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners, making it the perfect treat for the diabetics in your family.
Makes: 8 servings
Total Prep Time: 1 hour
• 2, 9 inch pie crusts
• 3 Tbsp. of cornstarch
• 1 Tbsp. of powdered cinnamon
• 1, 12 ounce can of concentrated apple juice
• 6 cups of green apples, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, add in the cornstarch, powdered cinnamon and 1/3 of the concentrated apple juice. Whisk well to mix and set this mixture aside.
3. In a saucepan set over medium to high heat, add in the apples and remaining concentrated apple juice. Cook for 10 minutes or until the apples are soft. Add in the cornstarch mix. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the mix is smooth in consistency. Remove from heat.
4. Spoon the apple mix into the crust. Cover with the top crust. Flute the edges and slice the top of the crust for venting.
5. Place into the oven to bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
6. Remove and cool for 20 minutes before serving.