This is another delicious no sugar dessert dish that you can make in time for the Christmas holidays. Since it doesn’t need to be baked, it can be prepared in just a matter of minutes.
Makes: 12 servings
Total Prep Time: 3 hours and 10 minutes
• 15 gingersnaps, crumbled
• 3 Tbsp. of butter, melted
• 2 Tbsp. of white sugar
• 1/3 cup of white sugar
• 1 pack of gelatin
• 1 cup of water, boiling
• 2, 8 ounce packs of low fat cream cheese
• 1 tsp. of pure vanilla
• 1 mango, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
• 1 Tbsp. of lime juice
1. Prepare the crust. Grease a springform pan with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, add in the crumbled gingersnaps. Pulse on the highest setting until ground. Add in the melted butter and 2 tablespoons of white sugar. Continue to pulse until mixed. Transfer into the springform pan. Press along the bottom and sides. Set the pan aside.
3. In a bowl, add in 1/3 cup of white sugar and gelatin. Add in the boiling water. Stir well for 5 minutes or until the gelatin dissolves completely.
4. Prepare the filling. In a bowl, add in the low-fat cream cheese and pure vanilla. Beat with a mix until evenly mixed. Add in the gelatin mix and continue to beat until incorporated. Pour into the pie crust.
5. In a food processor, add in the mango and lime juice. Pulse until smooth in consistency. Strain through a sieve. Toss out the solids. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of this mix over the cheesecake.
6. Cover and place into the fridge to chill for 3 hours.
7. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan.
8. Slice into wedges and drizzle the remaining mango mix over the top.