This is an easy and delicious dinner dish you can make any night of the week. It is simple enough to make, that even those with no cooking skills will be able to make this dish with ease.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 1 hour
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on and bone-in
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into small cubes
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 cups of kale, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. of butter, soft
- 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of white wine
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken thighs with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add in the extra virgin olive oil and butter. Add in the chicken thighs. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Drain the excess grease from the skillet.
- Add in the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the sweet potatoes and stir well to mix. Continue to cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the corn and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped kales and toss well to mix. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the white wine and deglaze the bottom of the skillet. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- transfer the vegetables into the baking dish. Place the chicken thighs over the top.
- Place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes before serving.