This is a delicious and healthy dish you can make whenever you are craving something filling. Feel free to top these burgers off with your favorite toppings for the tastiest results.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 1, 14.5 ounce can of black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. of white onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of smoked almonds, chopped
- ½ cup of corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. of chipotle spread, evenly divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 4 onion hamburger buns, toasted lightly
- Avocado, sliced and for topping
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Arugula leaves, for topping
- In a bowl, add in the canned black beans. Mash lightly.
- Add in the minced onion, minced garlic, chopped almonds, thawed corn, chopped cilantro, chipotle spread, beaten egg and dash of salt. Stir well until evenly mixed.
- Shape the bean mixture into 4 patties. Place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Place into the oven to bake for 10 minutes. Flip the patties and add the slices of pepper jack cheese. Continue to bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spread the chipotle spread onto the bottom of each bun. Add the burger patties over the top.
- Top off with the lime wedges, avocado slices and arugula leaves. Serve immediately.